A rich and delicious mud cake made with sweet potato and superfood infused espresso for a mocha flavour which is packed with antioxidants and free of refined sugars. This recipe is also gluten free, dairy free and vegan adaptable. It’s topped off with a silky ganache made with avocado and dark chocolate. A cake fit for any special occasion or just as a decadent but healthy treat for yourself!
- 1 cup Sweet Potato (large sweet potato)
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs (or vegan egg of choice, eg. chia seed egg or flax seed egg)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp Pretty Pod Collagen powder (or any health powder of choice)
- 1 Sachet of Lean Blend Superfood Infused Espresso (or 1 tsp of ground coffee of choice) Cocoa - Avo ganache
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 cup Organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Organic maple syrup
- 250 g Dark chocolate melts
- 1/3 cup of cream (or dairy-free alternative eg. coconut cream) Method
* Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
* Cake fits 9” round tin or 2 x 6” round tins Superfood Infused Sweet Potato Mud Cake
1. To start Peel & boil down sweet potato until soft. Mash & put aside in a mixing bowl to cool.
2. In a separate mixing bowl add all dry ingredients together ( coconut flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking powder, pretty pod collage & Lean Blend espresso). Mix to combine.
3. Add all wet ingredients to the bowl containing the sweet potato mash ( eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk, coconut oil & vanilla) mix well to combine. Now add all dry ingredients and mix well until fully incorporated!
4. Place mixture into pre-greased pan (or pans) and bake for 45 mins. Allow cake to cool to room temperature before removing it from the pan.Cocoa Avo Ganache Method
1. Pulse avocado, maple syrup and cocoa powder in a food processor or NutriBullet until smooth.
2. In a heatproof bowl combine dark chocolate & cream and melt together in the microwave for 30-second intervals; mixing in between each time.
3. Once completely melted and smooth, gold in the coco - Avo mixture until fully incorporated. Allow to cool & then add to the cake